DOLE Good News Volume II Number 2

Abstract:

Conceptualized as a ‘bridging employment’ program to enhance the employability of young student-workers, SPES has brought education and employment closer to poor, but deserving, student-beneficiaries in the country.Since its inception in 1992 under Republic Act No. 7323 and later amended by R. A. 9547, SPES has provided short-term employment to thousands of financially handicapped, but deserving, students during the summer and Christmas vacations, through incentives granted to employers, allowing them to pay 60 per cent of their salaries or wages. The other 40 per cent is paid through education vouchers issued by the DOLE.

Info
Source InstitutionDepartment of Labor and Employment
Source URLhttp://www.dole.gov.ph/files/DOLE%20Good%20News/DGN%202012-02.pdf
Page Count8
Place of PublicationManila
Original Publication DateFebruary 1, 2012
Tags